|Home > Help Desk > Our Company > Environmental Commitment > Environmentally Safe Synthetics (continued from previous page)|
< Previous Page
Environmentally Safe Synthetics (continued from previous page)
AZEK® Porch Boards are a perfect example because they will last indefinitely, never needs painting, are impervious to insect and moisture damage, and look like painted wood flooring, right down to the small crack between each pair of boards.
Not only that, but they are an environmentally "green" product!
AZEK® says, "Cellular PVC is the most energy efficient major plastic. Its principle raw material is chlorine derived from common salt, an abundant and inexpensive resource. Cellular PVC is also comparatively low in energy and resource use during production, as well as in conversion to finished products. All scrap generated during the initial manufacturing process is recycled back into the finished product. Additionally, PVC can be recycled at the end of its long, useful life."
Likewise, the Polyurethane from which many of our products are made minimalizes its environmental impact because it is:
• Chemically stable and non-reactive, and does not contain ozone depleting compounds like CFCs or HCFCs.
• Free of toxic gas emissions.
• Finished with water base paints that exceed government VOC regulations. This reduces the greenhouse effect.
• Manufactured using recycled waste materials from within the process.
• Manufactured with post-consumer content, thereby reducing landfill requirements.
Use any of our products made with synthetic materials with confidence while you enjoy their long-term, low maintenance advantages and appreciate their authentic appearance for many years into the future.